MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) — Court documents say a woman driving a car that spun out of control on Interstate 94 near Moorhead earlier this week held a gun to the head of a state trooper who stopped to help her.
The details are part of a criminal complaint against the passenger in the car, 29-year-old Domonique Crayton. The complaint says the vehicle was stolen from Wisconsin. While Trooper Mark Peterson attempted to handcuff Crayton on Monday, the woman pulled out a 9 mm handgun, held it to the trooper’s head and tried to pull the trigger. KFGO-AM reports the gun did not fire.
The trooper then shot the woman in the right arm, and she ran into a field.
The woman, who has not been charged, remains in a Fargo, North Dakota hospital. Peterson is on standard administrative leave.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95