MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) — Court documents say a woman driving a car that spun out of control on Interstate 94 near Moorhead earlier this week held a gun to the head of a state trooper who stopped to help her.
The details are part of a criminal complaint against the passenger in the car, 29-year-old Domonique Crayton. The complaint says the vehicle was stolen from Wisconsin. While Trooper Mark Peterson attempted to handcuff Crayton on Monday, the woman pulled out a 9 mm handgun, held it to the trooper’s head and tried to pull the trigger. KFGO-AM reports the gun did not fire.
The trooper then shot the woman in the right arm, and she ran into a field.
The woman, who has not been charged, remains in a Fargo, North Dakota hospital. Peterson is on standard administrative leave.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed