WELLESLEY, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts commuter train has struck and killed a man trespassing on tracks.
Massachusetts Bay Transit Association police say the male victim was struck on the rails near Wellesley Square Station around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The train on the inbound side of the Worcester Line has been terminated, and delays are expected throughout the evening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Transit police and the Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office are investigating and say foul play is not suspected.