PELHAM, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire community spirit group is trying to keep its spirits up as it seeks to recover patriotic Fourth of July signs that it left outside an elementary school but that were removed by someone.
The Pelham Community Spirit group says it’s looking for a “Happy Birthday USA” sign , signs including images of balloons and stars and other Independence Day items it left out.
Police say a woman was seen taking down the signs after a fireworks display and may have thought she was helping to clean up or thought the signs were left behind.
Police say if the signs are returned voluntarily no charges will be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
The spirit group is offering a $200 reward.