ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Northern Virginia residents upset about excessive noise from military helicopters will be able to address the issue at a community forum.
Congressman Don Beyer, a Democrat who represents Arlington County and the inner suburbs of northern Virginia, is hosting the forum Jan. 16 at Abingdon Elementary School in Arlington.
County residents have complained for years about helicopter noise. Beyer inserted a provision into legislation last year directing the Pentagon to study flight routes and possible ways to minimize the noise.
The January meeting is part of that study.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events