NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A judge has spared comedian Artie Lange jail time even though he tested positive for cocaine and amphetamine.
Despite the positive test Friday in Newark, the judge ordered Lange’s attorney to apply to have his client admitted to drug court.
Lange was in court Friday for a probation violation.
The Hoboken resident was ordered to serve four years’ probation in June after he pleaded guilty to heroin possession stemming from a 2017 traffic stop.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She bought her dream home; a ‘sovereign citizen’ changed the locks
- At least 3 dead in Amtrak train derailment in Montana
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- As we enter cold and flu season, here’s how to tell if you have COVID or a cold
NJ.com reports Lange told the judge Friday that heroin is out of his life.
The 51-year-old is a cast member in the HBO series “Crashing.” He also performed on the Fox sketch comedy series “Mad TV” and spent nearly a decade as a co-host on “The Howard Stern Show.”
Information from: NJ Advance Media.