EAGLE, Colo. (AP) — A 46-year-old Colorado woman who was involved in a DUI crash that killed two of her four children has pleaded guilty to felony charges.
Jenny Figaszewski, of Arvada, pleaded guilty Monday to vehicular homicide-DUI and child abuse resulting in death for the July 11, 2016, crash near Wolcott. Prosecutors say she used meth before starting her trip in California.
The car went off of Interstate 70 and started rolling before it returned to the roadway, skidded sideways and hit a fence. It flipped twice, injuring her and killing two of her daughters, ages 14 and 9.
Two other children, ages 7 and 5, were seriously injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland
Figaszewski is scheduled to be sentenced May 7 and is expected to receive a 16-year term.