EAGLE, Colo. (AP) — A 46-year-old Colorado woman who was involved in a DUI crash that killed two of her four children has pleaded guilty to felony charges.
Jenny Figaszewski, of Arvada, pleaded guilty Monday to vehicular homicide-DUI and child abuse resulting in death for the July 11, 2016, crash near Wolcott. Prosecutors say she used meth before starting her trip in California.
The car went off of Interstate 70 and started rolling before it returned to the roadway, skidded sideways and hit a fence. It flipped twice, injuring her and killing two of her daughters, ages 14 and 9.
Two other children, ages 7 and 5, were seriously injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump rejects aid for states, Postal Service
- Most Americans won't be able to get a coronavirus vaccine until well into 2021
- ‘A smoking gun’: Infectious coronavirus retrieved from hospital air
- Federal agents tear gas Oregon protesters blocking buses with ICE detainees inside
- Her Voice? Her Name? GOP’s Raw Personal Attacks on Kamala Harris
Figaszewski is scheduled to be sentenced May 7 and is expected to receive a 16-year term.