TRINIDAD, Colo. (AP) — Police in southern Colorado say they found human remains inside a plastic storage tote while investigating a man for computer crimes against a child.
According to statements from the Trinidad Police Department, police went to 40-year-old Cameron Johnson-McCann’s home on Tuesday with a search warrant from the computer investigation.
The statement says police searching the apartment found the remains of an adult man in the container.
McCann is being held without bond the Las Animas County Jail on suspicion of internet sexual exploitation of a child. It’s not clear if he has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Fire claims popular recreation spots in Southern California VIEW
Authorities have not commented on whether McCann will face other charges.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping to identify the remains.
The Pueblo Chieftain reports that court records on the arrest have been sealed.