BROOKINGS, Ore. — Oregon State Police say a Colorado man visiting the coast died after falling onto the rocky shoreline.
Sgt. Jeff Proulx says 27-year-old Jeremy Tilton was climbing a large rock at Mill Beach in southwestern Oregon when he slipped and fell about 50 feet (15 meters) onto rocks and into the ocean. Brookings firefighters attempted life-saving efforts.
The Leadville, Colorado, man was with friends when the fall occurred Monday night. Proulx says there is no evidence of foul play.
Tilton was the third person in two weeks to suffer a fatal fall while exploring Oregon’s outdoors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
A 23-year-old hiker fell to his death at Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon and a 51-year-old British Columbia man fell into the ocean after losing his footing while hiking on the northern coast.