BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado man has pleaded not guilty to charges that allege he killed and dismembered his ex-girlfriend.
The Boulder Daily Camera reports 32-year-old Adam Densmore entered not guilty pleas on Friday to first-degree murder in the death of 25-year-old Ashley Mead along with tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse. A trial was set for April.
Densmore is jailed without bond.
Mead was last seen on Feb. 12 and reported missing two days later along with her 1-year-old daughter with Densmore. Densmore and the child were found near Tulsa, Oklahoma on Feb. 16. Mead’s torso was found in a suitcase a short time later. No other remains have been found, but a landfill in Arkansas was searched.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fear mounts in Austin as serial bomber uses tripwire VIEW
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, killed in confrontation VIEW
- Self-driving vehicle strikes and kills pedestrian in Arizona VIEW
- Package bound for Austin explodes at Texas FedEx facility; second package recovered
- He attends an elite university but lives in a crowded, leaky trailer VIEW
Prosecutors believe Mead was killed in Boulder and dismembered at Densmore’s parents’ house in Louisiana.
Information from: Daily Camera, http://www.dailycamera.com/