COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Police say a 67-year-old Colorado man attempting to shoot a raccoon on a utility pole shot himself in the lower leg instead.
The shooting was reported just after midnight Tuesday on the southeast side of Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs police say the man was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the man told them he was using a handgun to shoot at the raccoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing
Besides the leg wound, police say the man likely faced a citation for prohibited use of a weapon.