COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Police say a 67-year-old Colorado man attempting to shoot a raccoon on a utility pole shot himself in the lower leg instead.
The shooting was reported just after midnight Tuesday on the southeast side of Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs police say the man was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the man told them he was using a handgun to shoot at the raccoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
Besides the leg wound, police say the man likely faced a citation for prohibited use of a weapon.