DENVER (AP) — A 46-year-old Colorado man has been arrested for investigation of second-degree murder in the death of his roommate.
The Denver Post reports that David Claussen has been arrested and booked into the Jefferson County Detention Center in connection with the shooting of 33-year-old Alexander Hudspeth.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Mark Techmeyer said Hudspeth was found lying in the driveway of Claussen’s home with a gunshot wound to the chest.
Techmeyer said Claussen is accused of shooting Hudspeth after the victim refused to leave his home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Hudspeth was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. The investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
Booking documents do not indicate if Claussen has hired an attorney.
Information from: The Denver Post, http://www.denverpost.com