LOUISVILLE, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado company that conducted structural monitoring on the Florida pedestrian bridge that collapsed says it’s assisting with the investigation.
BDI of Louisville, Colorado says it worked as a subcontractor to Barnhart Crane and Rigging and was not involved in the bridge’s design or construction. In a statement Thursday, the company said that none of its personnel or equipment was onsite at the time of the collapse.
The company said it removed its social media posts shortly after the collapse out of respect for the victims.
A since deleted Twitter post attributed to BDI said that the company was thrilled to have performed structural monitoring during a “spectacular bridge move.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- House condemns Trump 'racist' tweets in extraordinary rebuke VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
According to its website, BDI also has operations in New York; Boise, Idaho; New Orleans; Manchester, England and London.