CLINTON, N.Y. (AP) — A college student in central New York has to collect a 5-foot (1.5-meter)-long boa constrictor from a local wildlife center after a fellow student found the pet reptile hiding behind her dorm room refrigerator.
Syracuse.com reports that a student at Hamilton College found the snake Tuesday and called campus safety for help.
Campus Safety Director Francis Coots says it turns out the snake is owned by another student, who kept it in a plastic tote. Coots says having an animal other than a service animal is against campus rules, and the student could face disciplinary charges.
The boa was turned over to the Woodhaven Wildlife Center in Chadwicks, where the owner plans to collect it. The snake will then go to live with the student’s parents.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events