BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Prosecutors have increased the seriousness of the charge against a Connecticut college student and amateur swimsuit model accused of breaking her boyfriend’s nose.
The Connecticut Post reports 19-year-old Kathryn Mahoney is now facing a felony second-degree assault charge after the alleged attack that left the man with a bloodied, broken nose.
Police were called to Fairfield University March 1, where Mahoney and the unidentified man attend as freshmen. The man told officers he was punched in the nose and stomach after telling Mahoney he wanted to break up with her.
Mahoney has been ordered not to have contact with the man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- Warren DNA analysis points to Native American heritage
Mahoney’s attorney says he is confident the case will be resolved in her favor.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com