BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Prosecutors have increased the seriousness of the charge against a Connecticut college student and amateur swimsuit model accused of breaking her boyfriend’s nose.
The Connecticut Post reports 19-year-old Kathryn Mahoney is now facing a felony second-degree assault charge after the alleged attack that left the man with a bloodied, broken nose.
Police were called to Fairfield University March 1, where Mahoney and the unidentified man attend as freshmen. The man told officers he was punched in the nose and stomach after telling Mahoney he wanted to break up with her.
Mahoney has been ordered not to have contact with the man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Mahoney’s attorney says he is confident the case will be resolved in her favor.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com