BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Prosecutors have increased the seriousness of the charge against a Connecticut college student and amateur swimsuit model accused of breaking her boyfriend’s nose.
The Connecticut Post reports 19-year-old Kathryn Mahoney is now facing a felony second-degree assault charge after the alleged attack that left the man with a bloodied, broken nose.
Police were called to Fairfield University March 1, where Mahoney and the unidentified man attend as freshmen. The man told officers he was punched in the nose and stomach after telling Mahoney he wanted to break up with her.
Mahoney has been ordered not to have contact with the man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Mahoney’s attorney says he is confident the case will be resolved in her favor.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com