COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Admirers of Annie Glenn will be able to watch a videotaped 98th birthday tribute to her online and leave the widow of astronaut John Glenn well wishes.
A spokesman for the John Glenn College of Public Affairs at Ohio State University says faculty and staff will tape the greeting Friday at a private birthday celebration in her honor.
Spokesman Hank Wilson says Annie Glenn is in good health but is not expected to attend.
The college will post the video on its Facebook page on her birthday, which is Saturday. The date falls three days before the anniversary of John Glenn’s famous flight. He became the first American to orbit Earth on Feb. 20, 1962.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Trump stalks out on Democrats, demands end of investigations VIEW
John Glenn died in 2016 at the age of 95.