GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (AP) — A suburban New York college lacrosse team has replaced its warm-up music with a recording of a portion of a speech by President Donald Trump.
An Instagram video of the Adelphi University team was posted Wednesday showing players running onto the field at the conclusion of an excerpt of a Trump speech that includes his campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”
Newsday (http://nwsdy.li/2r2AvAO) reports Adelphi athletic director Danny McCabe says in a statement the pre-game music is chosen as a team. It was approved because it did not contain vulgarity or inappropriate subject matter.
The team finished the regular season with a 14-3 record. It begins the NCAA Division II playoffs against Pace on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Former Trump adviser undercuts GOP impeachment defenses VIEW
- Yelp reviewers are trashing Gordon Sondland's hotels with one-star reviews
- Snowboarding visionary Jake Burton Carpenter dies at 65
- A former Fox News executive divides Americans using Russian tactics
- Winners and losers from the November Democratic debate VIEW
Adelphi is a private university on Long Island.
The Barstool Sports website was the first to report the Instagram video.