JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A Gulf Coast lawmaker is the new leader of the Mississippi House Education Committee.
Republican Richard Bennett of Long Beach was named chairman Friday by House Speaker Philip Gunn. Bennett succeeds Republican John Moore of Brandon, who resigned in December facing sexual harassment claims.
Republican Casey Eure of Saucier replaces Bennett as Gaming Committee chairman.
Republican Timmy Ladner of Poplarville replaces Eure to lead the Marine Resources Committee.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
Republican Jeff Guice of Ocean Springs becomes chairman of the Ports, Harbors and Airports Committee. He succeeds Republican Alex Monsour, who resigned from the House to become a Vicksburg alderman.
Republican Tracy Arnold of Booneville replaces Guice as Interstate Cooperation Committee chairman.
Republican Greg Haney of Gulfport replaces Arnold as State Library Committee chairman.
Two years remain in the four-year term.
This story has been corrected to show Bennett is the former Gaming Committee chairman.