EASTPORT, Maine (AP) — The Coast Guard says four fishermen have been plucked from the icy waters off Eastport, Maine.
Officials say a crew of five ended up in the drink on Tuesday when a skiff overturned after they tied up their scalloping at a mooring.
WABI-TV reports that one person swam to shore and called for help.
Coast Guard Station Eastport launched two vessels to rescue the other four. Officials say the crew was evaluated at the hospital for exposure to the cold.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH