EASTPORT, Maine (AP) — The Coast Guard says four fishermen have been plucked from the icy waters off Eastport, Maine.
Officials say a crew of five ended up in the drink on Tuesday when a skiff overturned after they tied up their scalloping at a mooring.
WABI-TV reports that one person swam to shore and called for help.
Coast Guard Station Eastport launched two vessels to rescue the other four. Officials say the crew was evaluated at the hospital for exposure to the cold.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie