WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man has died after falling aboard a cruise ship traveling from Florida to the Bahamas.
U.S. Coast Guard spokesman John Lally says the man fell Friday evening aboard the Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’s Grand Classica.
The 1,680-passenger ship was sailing from the Port of Palm Beach to Freeport in the Bahamas.
In a Palm Beach Post report , Lally said Coast Guard crews met the ship about 13 miles (20 kilometers) east of port and brought the man back to shore.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
Lally said the man was pronounced dead at a Florida hospital. Neither the man’s name nor hometown was immediately released.
In a statement, the cruise line said the ship continued to Grand Bahama Island after a passenger was evacuated “due to a medical emergency.”
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com