THERMAL, Calif. (AP) — Southern California authorities have taken a step toward squashing agricultural thefts in the Coachella Valley farming communities of Thermal, Mecca and Oasis.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department says deputies stopped a vehicle in Thermal on Wednesday and found 800 pounds (363 kilograms) of spaghetti squash that had been stolen from a nearby farm.
The 55-year-old driver was taken into custody for investigation of theft of agricultural products.
The department notes that the squash was confiscated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events