WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton says she didn’t know Donald Trump very well when she attended his 2005 wedding but thought the event would be “fun” and “entertaining.” She adds: “Now that he’s running for president, it’s a little more troubling.”
Clinton says there is little difference between Trump and his Republican rivals on women’s issues.
She describes the Republican opposition to abortion and push to slash funding for Planned Parenthood as “deeply troubling.” Women, she says, “may lose the right to exercise a personal choice” if certain Republican candidates win the White House.
Trump said in the Republican debate on Thursday night that Clinton only attended his wedding because he donated to her campaign.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Clinton is in the midst of a two-day campaign swing through New Hampshire.