WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton says she didn’t know Donald Trump very well when she attended his 2005 wedding but thought the event would be “fun” and “entertaining.” She adds: “Now that he’s running for president, it’s a little more troubling.”
Clinton says there is little difference between Trump and his Republican rivals on women’s issues.
She describes the Republican opposition to abortion and push to slash funding for Planned Parenthood as “deeply troubling.” Women, she says, “may lose the right to exercise a personal choice” if certain Republican candidates win the White House.
Trump said in the Republican debate on Thursday night that Clinton only attended his wedding because he donated to her campaign.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Seattle scientist digs up deleted coronavirus genetic data, adding fuel to the covid origin debate
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- When will COVID pandemic 'end'? It’ll largely be individual decision
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Brothers set record crossing large gap in park on a highline
Clinton is in the midst of a two-day campaign swing through New Hampshire.