TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Hillary Clinton says her “heart breaks” for the family of a man from Lebanon living in Oklahoma who police say was fatally shot by his neighbor.
Khalid Jabara’s family says the neighbor, Stanley Majors, called them “dirty Arabs,” ”filthy Lebanese,” ”Aye-rabs,” and “Mooslems,” even though they are Christian.
Jabara was shot to death on his front porch Aug. 12. Police have arrested Majors on a first-degree murder complaint but prosecutors have yet to file formal charges in the case.
Clinton shared a Facebook post Thursday from Jabara’s family. The Democratic presidential candidate wrote on Facebook that the country must unite “to ensure that no other family loses a beloved son or daughter because of prejudice and bigotry.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events