TERREBONNE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a climber has died in a fall at Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon.
KTVZ reports the fall happened Tuesday morning, prompting the closure of the popular Misery Ridge trail. A park ranger confirmed the death to the station.
Details about what happened have not been released, but a witness said the man was alone when he fell about 100 feet (30 meters) to the trail below.
A hiker died at the park last September when he left a trail and fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/