TERREBONNE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a climber has died in a fall at Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon.
KTVZ reports the fall happened Tuesday morning, prompting the closure of the popular Misery Ridge trail. A park ranger confirmed the death to the station.
Details about what happened have not been released, but a witness said the man was alone when he fell about 100 feet (30 meters) to the trail below.
A hiker died at the park last September when he left a trail and fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/