TERREBONNE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a climber has died in a fall at Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon.
KTVZ reports the fall happened Tuesday morning, prompting the closure of the popular Misery Ridge trail. A park ranger confirmed the death to the station.
Details about what happened have not been released, but a witness said the man was alone when he fell about 100 feet (30 meters) to the trail below.
A hiker died at the park last September when he left a trail and fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- The gaping hole in Sean Hannity's story about being Michael Cohen's client | Analysis
- Deputy: Man threw exercise weight, fatally striking girl, 2
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt VIEW
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/