TERREBONNE, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a climber has died in a fall at Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon.
KTVZ reports the fall happened Tuesday morning, prompting the closure of the popular Misery Ridge trail. A park ranger confirmed the death to the station.
Details about what happened have not been released, but a witness said the man was alone when he fell about 100 feet (30 meters) to the trail below.
A hiker died at the park last September when he left a trail and fell.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- New Zealand just banned military-style firearms. Here's why the U.S. can't.
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/