CLEVELAND (AP) — Organizers say a political fundraiser that was set to feature Donald Trump Jr. in Cleveland this week has been postponed.
Cleveland.com reports that the Friday luncheon was to be in honor of a Cleveland suburban mayor and former lifelong Democrat who cross party lines to support President Donald Trump during last year’s election.
Organizers in Cleveland say Trump Jr. has a business scheduling conflict and haven’t confirmed a future date.
Liberal activists had been planning a nearby demonstration. Local GOP donors and the chair of the Cuyahoga County Republican Party were to host the event.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Proceeds from the luncheon were to go to a candidate fund run by the county Republican Party. Trump Jr. spoke Tuesday at a private event in Dallas hosted by the University of North Texas.
Information from: cleveland.com, http://www.cleveland.com