CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson University is getting a $2.5 million donation from a founder of a South Carolina advertising agency.
The school said in a news release Thursday that the money comes from Joe and Gretchen Erwin of Greenville. Joe Erwin was a co-founder of Erwin Penland Advertising. He now leads Endeavor, a co-working venture.
Erwin is a 1979 Clemson grad with a degree in political science.
Clemson said $1 million will go for the new College of Business building. The other $1.5 million will be used for student scholarship and support for communications students and adjunct faculty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The gift brings the couple’s donation to Clemson to more than $5 million.
The Erwins established what is now the Erwin Center for Brand Communications at Clemson in 2012.