CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson University is getting a $2.5 million donation from a founder of a South Carolina advertising agency.
The school said in a news release Thursday that the money comes from Joe and Gretchen Erwin of Greenville. Joe Erwin was a co-founder of Erwin Penland Advertising. He now leads Endeavor, a co-working venture.
Erwin is a 1979 Clemson grad with a degree in political science.
Clemson said $1 million will go for the new College of Business building. The other $1.5 million will be used for student scholarship and support for communications students and adjunct faculty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
The gift brings the couple’s donation to Clemson to more than $5 million.
The Erwins established what is now the Erwin Center for Brand Communications at Clemson in 2012.