MARICOPA, Ariz. (AP) — The city of Maricopa has hired a new city manager.
City Council members unanimously approved a three-year contract Tuesday for Ricky Horst.
His start date will be June 25.
Horst has been the city manager of Rocklin, California since 2011.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
He has more than 28 years of experience in the field of public administration with 23 years in the position of city manager.
Horst is a graduate of Brigham Young University and earned a master’s degree in public administration from Troy State University.
He and his wife Cindy have six children and are preparing to welcome their 14th grandchild.
Maricopa is located about 35 miles (56 kilometers) south of Phoenix.