PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A city clerk in Maine is looking for the owner of a set of dentures left behind in a polling booth.
The Portland Press Herald reports the false teeth were discovered during Tuesday’s election. An election clerk found the teeth in an auditorium that serves as a polling place in Portland.
The dentures are now in a plastic bag in the city clerk’s office in Portland City Hall, just a few steps away from the polling place.
Residents voted on City Council races, a school rebuilding project, a state Medicaid expansion drive and other issues on Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- Trump defiant as crisis grows over family separation at the border