PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A city clerk in Maine is looking for the owner of a set of dentures left behind in a polling booth.
The Portland Press Herald reports the false teeth were discovered during Tuesday’s election. An election clerk found the teeth in an auditorium that serves as a polling place in Portland.
The dentures are now in a plastic bag in the city clerk’s office in Portland City Hall, just a few steps away from the polling place.
Residents voted on City Council races, a school rebuilding project, a state Medicaid expansion drive and other issues on Tuesday.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90