PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A city clerk in Maine is looking for the owner of a set of dentures left behind in a polling booth.
The Portland Press Herald reports the false teeth were discovered during Tuesday’s election. An election clerk found the teeth in an auditorium that serves as a polling place in Portland.
The dentures are now in a plastic bag in the city clerk’s office in Portland City Hall, just a few steps away from the polling place.
Residents voted on City Council races, a school rebuilding project, a state Medicaid expansion drive and other issues on Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts