BUFORD, Ga. (AP) — Members of a metro Atlanta church say their sign outside proclaiming that “Satan made gays & transgender” has been covered in black paint by vandals.
Gwinnett County police Cpl. Michele Pihera said officers were called to the Back To The Bible Holiness Church in Buford after the paint was discovered Monday.
Church representatives told police they hadn’t received any complaints about the message before the damage.
Don Flint, a minister at the church, tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (www.on-ajc.com/28QhkD5 ) that the sign had been up for about three weeks — well before the June 12 shooting that left 49 people dead at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Pastor Bobby Wright tells WSB-TV (www.2wsb.tv/28JCfXn ) he plans to put the sign back up.
Buford is about 35 miles northeast of Atlanta.