MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Church signs often display innocuous messages such as “God answers knee mail.” But a small Presbyterian church in North Carolina is drawing criticism for its provocative signs, including one this week that reads “19 Muslim immigrants killed 2977 Americans, Sept. 11, 2001.”
The Charlotte Observer reports that Lakeside Fellowship Presbyterian Church in Mooresville has also posted a message calling for a boycott of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” over a perceived gay character.
The church has a section on its website defending its signs. The church says it wants to “speak the truth, and feel that very few are willing to do so in this age of political correctness.”
Pastor Joseph Alghrary did not respond to a phone message from The Associated Press on Friday.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate