GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) — A Delaware church has removed an anti-LGBTQ sign following complaints.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports the sign, which read “It’s Adam and Eve not Steve” and was signed “God,” was up at Providence United Methodist Church for a week before being removed Monday.
Pastor Regina Reeves and former pastor Walter Reeves said in a statement that the message was unauthorized and had been posted by an individual member of the church without the knowledge of church leadership.
The sign’s removal followed a July 2 letter from a Georgetown resident pointing out that the United Methodist Church Book of Discipline prohibits discrimination against the LGBTQ community.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com