PICKERINGTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio church congregation ordered a pizza from Domino’s during a service, then tipped the driver more than $1,000 that it had been collected for the offering.
The driver brought the $5.99 pizza to Sycamore Creek Church in Pickerington in suburban Columbus on Oct. 4. The Rev. Steve Markle brought her onstage and asked her the biggest tip she’d ever received. She said about $10.
That’s when Markle told her the teaching at the church had been about generosity so the congregation had taken up an offering for the driver. She broke into tears.
The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1LFzFf6 ) reports that the congregation was wrapping up a sermon series on “I was Broke. Now I’m Not.” The church draws about 500 to 600 people each week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com