PICKERINGTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio church congregation ordered a pizza from Domino’s during a service, then tipped the driver more than $1,000 that it had been collected for the offering.
The driver brought the $5.99 pizza to Sycamore Creek Church in Pickerington in suburban Columbus on Oct. 4. The Rev. Steve Markle brought her onstage and asked her the biggest tip she’d ever received. She said about $10.
That’s when Markle told her the teaching at the church had been about generosity so the congregation had taken up an offering for the driver. She broke into tears.
The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1LFzFf6 ) reports that the congregation was wrapping up a sermon series on “I was Broke. Now I’m Not.” The church draws about 500 to 600 people each week.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, report says
- Is it time to change the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’?
- Parents of accused Michigan school shooter have ties to Issaquah
- A white teacher taught white students about white privilege. It cost him his job
- The woman who could bring down Roe v. Wade
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com