URBANA, Ill. (AP) — Police say a Chinese scholar visiting the University of Illinois’ Urbana-Champaign campus has been missing for days.
Yingying Zhang’s friends contacted police Saturday to say they hadn’t heard from the 26-year-old woman since Friday afternoon. Police say Zhang was headed to an apartment complex to sign a lease.
University of Illinois police released surveillance video on Monday showing Zhang entering a black Saturn Astra vehicle in Urbana about 2 p.m. Friday, shortly after getting off a bus. University police spokesman Patrick Wade tells The (Champaign) News-Gazette (http://bit.ly/2ro0Gkz ) that authorities need the public’s help to identify the vehicle.
Zhang is visiting the school’s Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. Police say she’s been in central Illinois about a month and has been staying in university housing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The News-Gazette, http://www.news-gazette.com