MINOT, N.D. (AP) — The five children of the late Chester and Joy Reiten have donated half a million dollars to the Hostfest Heritage Foundation.
The gift honors the memory of their parents and boosts the Norsk Hostfest Scandinavian heritage festival that draws about 60,000 people from around the world each year.
Chester Reiten was a principal founder of Hostfest, which is in its 40th year this week. He served as president until his death in 2013. Joy Reiten died two years later.
The $500,000 donation in their memory is being made by David Reiten, Steven Reiten, Kathleen Reiten Hruby, Timothy Reiten and Melanie Reiten Shonkwiler. David Reiten succeeded his father as Hostfest president.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
The donation comes a year after the Reitens donated $400,000 from their parents’ estate.