PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old girl has died after her father ran over her with a lawnmower in Alabama.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports the child’s father was driving the riding lawnmower and backed over the child Sunday afternoon in the Pine Level community.
Autauga County Coroner Buster Barber says the child was pronounced dead at a hospital. The child’s identity has not been released.
Chief Assistant District Attorney C. J. Robinson says there is no reason to believe that foul play was involved. Robinson says it is standard procedure to investigate any child’s death and that he expects the investigation to find that the death was an accident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com