LITHIA SPRINGS, Ga. (AP) — A child is dead and three others were injured after a fire ripped through their house in Douglas County.
WSB-TV reports the fire broke out at a home in Lithia Springs around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.
The home was destroyed by the blaze.
Rick Martin, with the Douglas County Government, said a mother, father and two kids were injured in the fire. One of those children, a 6-year-old girl, later died. The other’s conditions were not immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Information from: WSB-TV, http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html