ALBANY, Ore. (AP) — An eastern Oregon fire chief says a stray bullet caused a small fire in one of the pistol bays at a Shedd rifle and pistol club.
Brownsville Fire Chief Kevin Rogers says an errant bullet sparked the fire when it ricocheted off a rock and into the grass.
The Albany Democrat-Herald reports multiple agencies responded to the Friday fire at the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club.
It took crews about 20 minutes to put out the quarter-acre fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Rogers says no structures were threatened.
No injuries were reported.
The Oregon Department of Forestry chose to remove a couple of trees.
The Halsey and Tangent fire departments assisted Brownsville personnel with the fire.
Information from: Albany Democrat-Herald, http://www.dhonline.com