YORK, S.C. (AP) — Officials say unattended hot dogs caused a South Carolina house fire that injured two firefighters.
Chief Domenic Manera tells the Herald of Rock Hill that the York Fire Department got a call about a fire at a duplex just after 11 p.m. Tuesday. He says two firefighters were hit with falling debris when the roof of the porch collapsed. Both were treated at hospitals for muscle injuries and released.
Manera says the fire was caused by unattended hot dogs left cooking on a kitchen stove in the rear of the two units of the duplex.
No residents were hurt in the fire, but five people from two families have been displaced. Authorities are still investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
Information from: The Herald, http://www.heraldonline.com