CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago Board of Trade trader has been charged in the shooting death of a friend and leaving his body in a South Side Chicago alley.
Izat Morrar’s body was found July 20 in an alley in the Washington Park neighborhood. Authorities say the 37-year-old suffered two gunshot wounds to the head.
Cook County prosecutors say Pelko of Willow Springs was the last person to call Morrar’s cellphone before his body was found. They said Morrar complained to friends Pelko owed him money.
According to prosecutors, surveillance videos show Morrar leaving his apartment on the day he died and getting into an SUV that matched one owned by Pelko. Later, other recordings show the SUV entering the alley where Morrar’s body was found. Pelko on Wednesday was ordered held without bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
A defense attorney says Pelko is married with two children.