CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Police are investigating a shooting on the city’s Southwest Side that left a 15-year-old boy dead and a 14-year-old boy seriously wounded.
The shooting happened Thursday afternoon at about 3:30 in the Brighton Park neighborhood. Police say the boys were on the street when at least one person came up to them and opened fire before running away. Jayson Gonzalez was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police also say the two boys were among 10 people shot between Thursday morning and early Friday in Chicago. The 15-year-old boy was one of two fatal shooting victims. On the city’s northwest side, 46-year-old Jose Saraseume was fatally shot Thursday morning in front of his home.
Police say no arrests have been made in either fatal shooting incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead