CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve have made what they say is a “sweet wager” on the NCAA basketball matchup between their hometown teams.
Chicago’s Loyola University and Reno’s University of Nevada meet Thursday night in the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
If Nevada wins, Emanuel will send 16 dozen doughnuts from Reno’s DoughBoys Donuts to Schieve at City Hall. If Loyola wins, Schieve will send 16 dozen doughnuts from Chicago’s Dat Donut to Chicago City Hall.
Emanuel says the Loyola Ramblers have “electrified Chicago” and fans across the city are cheering them on. He’s predicting a Loyola victory.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
Scheive says the Nevada Wolf Pack have had “an unbelievable season” and “we are looking forward to our donuts.”