CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a fight between two groups of people at a gas station escalated into gunfire, leaving a man dead and three people wounded.
The shooting happened about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday in the Avondale neighborhood and police say a 25-year-old man who was shot several times was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL’-mee) says in a tweet that the two groups of people were in different vehicles when they arrived at the gas station. He says detectives are reviewing surveillance video.
The wounded are being treated at hospitals, including a 20-year-old man shot multiple times and a 24-year-old woman shot in the neck. Both are listed in critical condition. Police say a 37-year-old man shot several times in the body is in serious condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events