CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 21-year-old Cheyenne man charged with shooting and killing his roommate has pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
KTWO-AM reports Cody Hess was arraigned Tuesday in Cheyenne for the November death of 35-year-old Michael Robbins. Court records say Robbins was shot twice in the chest with a 9 mm handgun.
Attorney Devon Petersen says Hess was acting in self-defense after Robbins attacked him. Hess was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charge was reduced last month.
Hess’ trial is set to start on March 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/