CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 21-year-old Cheyenne man charged with shooting and killing his roommate has pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
KTWO-AM reports Cody Hess was arraigned Tuesday in Cheyenne for the November death of 35-year-old Michael Robbins. Court records say Robbins was shot twice in the chest with a 9 mm handgun.
Attorney Devon Petersen says Hess was acting in self-defense after Robbins attacked him. Hess was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charge was reduced last month.
Hess’ trial is set to start on March 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/