CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 21-year-old Cheyenne man charged with shooting and killing his roommate has pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
KTWO-AM reports Cody Hess was arraigned Tuesday in Cheyenne for the November death of 35-year-old Michael Robbins. Court records say Robbins was shot twice in the chest with a 9 mm handgun.
Attorney Devon Petersen says Hess was acting in self-defense after Robbins attacked him. Hess was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charge was reduced last month.
Hess’ trial is set to start on March 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/