CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 21-year-old Cheyenne man charged with shooting and killing his roommate has pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
KTWO-AM reports Cody Hess was arraigned Tuesday in Cheyenne for the November death of 35-year-old Michael Robbins. Court records say Robbins was shot twice in the chest with a 9 mm handgun.
Attorney Devon Petersen says Hess was acting in self-defense after Robbins attacked him. Hess was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charge was reduced last month.
Hess’ trial is set to start on March 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/