CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 21-year-old Cheyenne man charged with shooting and killing his roommate has pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
KTWO-AM reports Cody Hess was arraigned Tuesday in Cheyenne for the November death of 35-year-old Michael Robbins. Court records say Robbins was shot twice in the chest with a 9 mm handgun.
Attorney Devon Petersen says Hess was acting in self-defense after Robbins attacked him. Hess was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charge was reduced last month.
Hess’ trial is set to start on March 6.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/