In social-media posting of her photo, the 29-year-old Oklahoma native included the caption, "Okay, so here I am everyone!!"
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Army Pvt. Chelsea Manning is revealing her new look as a woman, after being freed from a Kansas military prison and a 35-year sentence for leaking classified materials.
The transgender soldier formerly known as Bradley Manning took to Twitter and Instagram Thursday, posting a portrait photograph of herself with short-cropped hair, bright red lipstick and a dark outfit with a plunging neckline.
The 29-year-old Oklahoma native included the caption, “Okay, so here I am everyone!!”
Manning was released early Wednesday from confinement at Kansas’ Fort Leavenworth, after having served seven years behind bars for giving classified materials to anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together
Manning and her attorneys have refused to divulge her post-prison whereabouts or immediate plans.