RENO, Nev. (AP) — The California Highway Patrol intends to file criminal charges against one of the drivers involved in a fatal three-vehicle crash near Lake Tahoe over the weekend.
The patrol says 21-year-old Edgar Delgado of Tahoe Vista, California faces a DUI charge when he’s released from a Reno hospital where he’s being treated for injuries suffered in Saturday morning’s crash near the Northstar ski resort.
Investigators say Delgado was driving an Audi on State Route 267 south of Truckee, California when he crossed over the double yellow lines and side-swiped a Toyota SUV. He continued down the road before crashing head-on into a Subaru.
The driver of the Subaru, 35-year-old Christopher Anderson of Kings Beach, California, was killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why
A Kings Beach woman driving the Toyota was not injured.
Delgado’s condition has not been released.