RENO, Nev. (AP) — The California Highway Patrol intends to file criminal charges against one of the drivers involved in a fatal three-vehicle crash near Lake Tahoe over the weekend.
The patrol says 21-year-old Edgar Delgado of Tahoe Vista, California faces a DUI charge when he’s released from a Reno hospital where he’s being treated for injuries suffered in Saturday morning’s crash near the Northstar ski resort.
Investigators say Delgado was driving an Audi on State Route 267 south of Truckee, California when he crossed over the double yellow lines and side-swiped a Toyota SUV. He continued down the road before crashing head-on into a Subaru.
The driver of the Subaru, 35-year-old Christopher Anderson of Kings Beach, California, was killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
A Kings Beach woman driving the Toyota was not injured.
Delgado’s condition has not been released.