RENO, Nev. (AP) — The California Highway Patrol intends to file criminal charges against one of the drivers involved in a fatal three-vehicle crash near Lake Tahoe over the weekend.
The patrol says 21-year-old Edgar Delgado of Tahoe Vista, California faces a DUI charge when he’s released from a Reno hospital where he’s being treated for injuries suffered in Saturday morning’s crash near the Northstar ski resort.
Investigators say Delgado was driving an Audi on State Route 267 south of Truckee, California when he crossed over the double yellow lines and side-swiped a Toyota SUV. He continued down the road before crashing head-on into a Subaru.
The driver of the Subaru, 35-year-old Christopher Anderson of Kings Beach, California, was killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
A Kings Beach woman driving the Toyota was not injured.
Delgado’s condition has not been released.