CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) — A Chandler man is accused of beating and sexually assaulting his girlfriend along with binding her in leather straps and wooden shackles for 17 days.
Police say 51-year-old John Ormond is facing multiple charges of aggravated assault, sexual assault and kidnapping.
It was unclear Tuesday if he has a lawyer yet.
Police went to Ormond’s home Jan. 8 for a welfare check on the victim.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Officers reported finding the woman in the master bedroom in a state of undress, with a significant head wound and covered in what appeared to be dried blood.
The woman told police Ormond had been physically and sexually assaulting her since Dec. 23.
She was taken to a hospital and treated for facial fractures plus a broken finger a broken bone in her left hand.