TEMPLE, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a Central Texas jailer has been charged with stealing funds.
Milam County Sheriff David Greene on Tuesday told the Temple Daily Telegram that Milam County Jail Capt. Katrina Douglas had been arrested by the Texas Rangers and charged with theft of more than $30,000 but less than $150,000, a third-degree felony.
Greene says the Texas Rangers investigated Douglas for several months after a large amount of money was found missing. She was arrested Dec. 21 in Temple.
Greene says Douglas was released from Bell County Jail after posting bail. A phone number couldn’t be found to reach her for comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
- The story behind AP report that caused Trump to throw lunch
The newspaper reports Douglas is the third Milam County employee within the last two years to be connected with missing funds.
Information from: Temple (Texas) Daily Telegram, http://www.tdtnews.com