MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Fire investigators say they don’t know what caused a weekend fire that destroyed a Minneapolis building that housed businesses, apartments and artists’ lofts.
The Minneapolis Fire Department said Wednesday that investigators were not able to get inside due to the condition of the building and the risk of collapse. So the cause of the fire is listed as undetermined.
Authorities declared the building structurally unsound, and the building was demolished Wednesday.
The fire broke out over Memorial Day weekend in the old Roberts Shoes building at the corner of Lake Street and Chicago Avenue in Minneapolis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Trump’s troubles worsen: 6 legal landmines facing the ex-president
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events