COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Investigators in Ohio say a Catholic priest under investigation for inappropriate texts with a teenager and misuse of church funds left at least two suicide notes before killing himself last December.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s report the Rev. James Csaszar denied sexual contact with any child or adult.
The Columbus Dispatch reports a 16-year-old boy denied there was a sexual relationship, but said he felt manipulated and threatened by the priest.
The Catholic Diocese of Columbus says there were inappropriate text messages between the two and referenced a nude photo of the boy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
The state began looking into Csaszar after the diocese learned of the allegations.
Csaszar had been a pastor in the Columbus suburb of New Albany and before that in New Lexington in eastern Ohio.