LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas casino undergoing renovations rolled out 32 new gambling tables equipped with smartphone charging stations.
The Las Vegas Sun reports the new tables at Palace Station feature six charging outlets — one for each spot at a blackjack table.
Roulette and craps tables are not equipped with the charging ports because of their play configurations.
Palace Station is the second property owned by Station Casinos to feature the modernized tables. The casino group unveiled 17 of the charging-equipped tables at the Palms.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Casino officials say the Palms will have 40 of the new tables once its remodel is complete.
Officials say there is not a set policy on phone use at the tables, but it is at the dealer’s discretion concerning how it’s impacting the overall playing experience.
Information from: Las Vegas Sun, http://www.lasvegassun.com